Old School

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Film: In The Literal Sense
#TomandEricaSayIdo

Finally put my new(old) Mamiya 645 (see picture on right) to the test. I've always loved shooting film, but it's just so freaking expensive. So I figured, if I'm gonna do it, go big right? For those that don't know, my Mamiya is considered Medium Format, which means a larger negative than your standard 35mm. More surface area = more details. You get the "picture".


Enjoy!




 They say pictures last a lifetime, but is that really true in the digital age? How long til your CD or USB drives are outdated. Remember Zip Drives?? Floppys?? Exactly.  
My grandfather (on right in above photo) is 96 1/2 and I have negatives, still in great condition, he shot in the 1930s. That's over 80 years ago! This is why I will be making it a point to try and shoot as much film in the future as possible. Let's preserve our memories!











3 comments:

erica resnick August 11, 2014 at 6:11 PM  

somehow....just saw these! GORGEOUS!!!!!! THANKS BRAD!

Tiffany November 15, 2014 at 8:53 AM  

Awe, that medium format would be fun to play with! Nice work!

Trina Dinnar Photography November 15, 2014 at 3:41 PM  

Great work! Little Falls, NJ is lucky to have such a talented photographer!

  © Blogger template Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP